Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Way to Dream, A Way to see

Oh univere
I want to hear you
Cry to me
Sing to me
Let me feel you
I ache for your touch
In my mind
I know it all
The answers are so beautiful
Tucked into my mind
Like a blanket over a child
My mind permits me to be here
I travel through you

Oh universe
The answers are unraveling
I know them oh so well
Like a story I have read a thousand times
I can feel it
I don’t understand it
I’ll humbly admit
And yet I have heard it all before
Somehow it’s unraveling within me
Touching me so profoundly
Oh universe
I am unsure of your plans
You have watched us grow
Helping us
Failing us
Hoping we learn
Are you so proud?
Are you so disappointed?
We have somehow separated
Into blacks,
Into whites, yellows and browns
Have we followed in your footsteps?
Or are we blinded by hate
We cannot accept difference,
In this small place in the universe
We are amongst hate
In the presence of true evil
Trekking on dark paths
When shall you interfere?
When shall we have a stance?
When will eyes change?
We need you bright leaders
One of us must stand
One of us has to take each colors hand
Grab each religions throat
And change it
Make our people see
There are other ways
We can all trek freely


Oh universe
Your eyes peer down
We can’t see you
Though at times we wish too
Do you know the end?
Is it coming near?
I wish to help humanity
I wish to make the message clear
To bring ease,
And comfort
To our people’s minds
Are you whispering in my ear?
I feel I know
I feel a duty to show
The world what’s in my mind
To show the world
That there can be a greater life
Oh universe I question these messages
That I believe your sending me so
It surrounds me with hope
I believe it
I feel in it
This universal message
So powerful it is


Oh universe,
You’re not easing me
Not one bit
I’m taken day by day
To another place
Far from here
That doesn’t free me to teach
They make me forget of your whispers
Oh universe,
This message escapes me
Day by day
I grow weary
I need you
I need you
When I lose hope
I know you can hear me
All of you up there
I question why you have chosen me
Why I am thinking all this
I am far beyond what I thought
What I believed I could be
What others believed in me
Oh universe,
I’m encapsulated
In your meaningful depth
That may just be our saving grace
For humanity,
For our world

Oh universe,
I feel different inside
Like something is moving me
Pushing me
Forcing me
To write
And speak
Like I have a duty to you
Like I have a duty to them
Sometimes I question myself,
Believing I shouldn’t be thinking this way

But I know it’s true,
I need to believe it’s true
Because it feels so good
It feels so right;
I need to make them believe
In something better than what is
Let the searchers search
Let the trekkers trek
And give them meaning
Not forced,
Not stifled
Or inflicted with fear
Let me provide a way
That can be understood
Oh universe,
Please,
Keep whispering into my ear,
I hear you,
I hear you,
Way up there


Rocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment