Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Sheppard's Mind


Where the wind blows
The heart doesn’t go
Where the story leads
Nobody can read
I sit here in thought
So close to fantasy land
I wonder what more I can give
I think what more I can do
Desperately seeking answers
I want them so rapidly
But no one responds
I fear no one is listening

 
I need guidance
In this darkest hour
Sometimes I lose faith
Other times I lose face
But I still keep
The strength in my heart
It cannot abandon
For I hold it like jewels
It is out of selfishness
And into selflessness,
That I,
That we,
Grow greater,
That is what I wish to mimic
I wish to cover myself amongst this thought
But oh so often
I lose control,
In my loneliest hour
I am the lost sheep
Wondering for my Sheppard

 
But I carry a special torch
That guides me out of this rut
It keeps me from losing myself
Preventing me from self infliction
So that I focus
On those who carry far worse pain
Then I ,
I am greater ,
Away from myself,
Away from temptation,
That makes me feel inadequate,
That makes me feel unworthy,
Without these feelings I can move forward
And this torch forces me to move
It encourages me to help
Those with no roads
Those with no hope
And I pray
That I can be the one to help lead the way

Rocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment