Monday, May 17, 2010

The Co-Existing Butterfly

Just for a second
I was over it
For a second
I was under it
It lasted
Only for awhile
Before it escaped
Out the window
And into the chaos
It faded
Into invisibility
Where the letters lost meaning
And humanity lost face
I forgot it
My memory didn’t allow me to keep it
As the cross dropped-
To the ground,
And the bible lost face
I realized oh so profoundly
That I was questioning my being,
My faith,
My existence,
Who was there for me?
In the shadows when I fell
The lonesome dark stole me
More times than I remember
In its arms I grew
With sturdy courage
Away from the church teachings
I found something special
Something worth believing for
It wasn’t the love that lost me
It wasn’t the hate that drowned me,
It was peace,
But far better than that word,
I wanted to spread it
To give to you
To share it with my fellow sister
Because I felt better with it
Than without
It cuddled me with sincerity
And treated me respectfully
It turned me away from judgment
And let me fly,
Dream,
Search on my own
The answers came
In the form of colours,
Shapes,
And lights
It was beautiful,
Because here we all are trekking
Here we are all learning
Showering our days with compassion;
This is what we have longed for

What we have wished,
Desired and,
Wanted
And in this peaceful corner of the universe
I am forever captured
You will too
As I,
Feel this
You will lose the selfish caterpillar
And grow to the giving butterfly,
Where co-existence flutters,
And grows within our hearts

Rocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment