Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Photographed Stranger

I was everything
You wanted
I was everything
You wanted not
Our eyes met
Only for a second
Before they were gone
Our love was invisible
That’s how fast it happened
You held me like forever
And I believed it to be
I thought it so
I’ve wished you here
But you have never shown
Only when you feel so cold;
We have drifted
Into strangers
That barely even know
Who you are
Who I was
If we ever really were
I’m curious
Of your mind
And if you ever had a heart
You are a ghost
That wonders
Late at night
Into my mind
Into my sight
I try,
I try,
To shut it away
To close all the drapes,
But there is so much here,
Between us,
Within the deepest dark
I feel the space
I feel the presence
And it all grows distant
Day by day
It dwindles
Blowing in the wind;
If I ever love another
The way I did you
I could only wish
He could only wish
That it would be that true


No comments:

Post a Comment